Are you worried about your career as a PHP programmer? Or still confused about whether PHP is the better language to start your programming career. In this article, we will address your questions and confusion by discussing the space and future of PHP. However, it’s worth mentioning that if you’re interested in obtaining Free Premium PHP Scripts or if you want to hire some professionals for IT Service and Software development then check out Dev Team.
As a PHP developer, many people find themselves having spent years learning the technology and still not being able to find their dream job. This makes people sometimes start to wonder what the job prospects for PHP development are. For this question, we need to analyze the current situation. The PHP language has been around for many years and is constantly evolving. Although with the passage of time, both the front-end technology and the back-end technology are constantly developing, as a mature language, PHP still has many users. Currently, PHP has become one of the most commonly used languages in Web Development.
It can be seen that according to the market demand and the investment of developers, PHP, as a highly general Web language, still has a very large demand in the market. Although the emergence of other languages has made the competition in the market more intense, after all, PHP already has its market, so PHP is still used in the web development of many companies. Therefore, as long as you have a sufficient skill level and experience, you still have great employment opportunities in PHP.
In addition, we also need to reflect on our own experience and ability. In the age of modern technology, we can’t stand still forever, especially in this age of web development and the constant adaptation to emerging technologies that come with it. If our PHP development skills are supercharged by interest and research in other programming languages, then our competitiveness and employment opportunities may not be satisfactory. Therefore, with a learning and development time of up to 2 years, if we want to obtain wider employment opportunities, we need to adapt to new technologies and improve our competitiveness.
Most of the time, many people cannot find PHP jobs because they are not well-known in the market. Although many good developers do not have a reputation, if the job you are applying for needs to reach a higher level, then you should increase your reputation, go to PHP training courses, join more communities, contribute your code, etc. It’s a way to raise awareness. We need to let companies and project managers know our existence so that they will choose us among a thousand people. Therefore, in the process of finding a job and improving your competitiveness, suggestions to increase your popularity are good choices.
Table of Contents
Is PHP really dead?
Many people suggest that PHP has no room for development in the next 5 years. Large companies tend to use Java, .Net, Python, C, C++, and other languages to build web applications. We have to remember this: no programming language can do exactly what the programmer expects, each language has its own advantages and disadvantages.
In order to compare with other languages, we have categorized the pros and cons of PHP:
Disadvantages of PHP
- PHP does not natively support multithreading, because it is a scripting language on the server side, and will be replaced by the webserver to solve the problem of multithreading.
- PHP is a weakly typed language, and there may be security risks.
- PHP also has other security risks, such as SQL injection, Session attacks, code leakage, etc.
- The PHP community delays releasing its new versions.
- Most developers say that PHP is not a good choice because of the security features of the programming language for advanced and complex web applications, as well as complex file structures and directory management systems.
Advantages of PHP
- PHP is the most popular open-source programming language, with richer tools for development and lower cost. This is why PHP is popular among web freelancers.
- The latest version of PHP, PHP 7, introduces more enhancements and higher performance.
- Provide the strongest and easiest-to-use CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Open Cart, Joomla, etc., which can help users build a website quickly.
- PHP frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Laravel, etc., force programmers to create web applications using the MVC (Model-View-Controller) design pattern.
- Lots of PHP content is available on the Internet and on more supported websites.
- PHP syntax is easy to learn.
- Compared with PHP 5.6, PHP 7 has a lot of performance improvements.
What can PHP 7 bring us?
Here are some of the enhancements provided by PHP 7:
- datatype declaration
- function return type declaration
- anonymous class
- new operator
Top 5 websites using PHP:
Now, with the support of the PHP community and developers, more than 83% of websites use PHP technology.
PHP 7 implements more security features and has better performance than older versions. PHP is the most cost-effective language due to its open source and cheap web hosting. PHP CMS makes it easier for developers to build web-based applications, and the PHP framework enables you to develop applications more rationally and efficiently. So considering all the advantages and disadvantages, PHP is very worth choosing.
In summary, not being able to find a PHP job is not a huge problem. We can improve our competitiveness and gain more opportunities by improving our skill level, adapting to new technologies, and increasing our popularity. Of course, we can’t forget the information on the Internet and keep looking for employment opportunities that suit us. If it is really difficult to find a PHP job at this stage, then we might as well change our mentality first, learn new knowledge, and enrich our experience and resources. Ultimately, success is as much about you as it is about the approach you choose.