Are you searching for how to use TikTok in India? You are missing all the entertainment you got after seeing the Tiktok videos or having FOMO with the views and the excitement you got after reading the comments? Way to earn from Tiktok – Check tiktok01.com
In general, Tik Tok is a short video-sharing platform launched by a Chinese company name Bytedance. TikTok features videos of everything from dancing to product promotion. Tik was established in 2017 and quickly gained popularity worldwide. TikTok has surpassed over 2 billion iOS downloads within a few years. In 2018 & 2019, it was the most popular app in both Appl Store and Play Store.
In 2021, Tik Tok caused disputes for security reasons and was banned from India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. After Tik Tok was banned, similar clones appeared on Snapchat and Instagram. Even though the ban on Tik -Tok continues to grow in several countries, its revenue has still increased continuously. TikTok users are expected to reach 2.2 billion by 2024.
How to use Tiktok in India? Few steps you can follow to use tiktok in India: 1. Use a private VPN app 2. Change your device country region 3. Downloading tiktok apk file from third-party 4. Use of proxy browser for accessing tiktok web version
Table of Contents
Why Tiktok is banned in India?
TikTok has been banned due to privacy threats. Reports say the Chinese platform centered TikTok sells user information. Even though there is no evidence to support it, it is reported that sensitive information from US users has been handed over to China.
Countries like India and Pakistan have already imposed a ban on TikTok. Even Russia has temporarily banned TikTok. In this article, we will discuss how to download TikTok in India so you can access videos and enjoy the content available on TikTok.
iPhones and Android phones work differently, as we all know. iPhone users generally face more difficulties downloading TikTok than Android users. There are three ways to use TikTok in India:
- By using VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- By downloading Tiktok APK file
- By changing the Apple ID and Region
How to use Tiktok in India iPhone?
Firstly let’s talk about how the download takes place in Android as well as iOS Users:
- On iOS, you can change your App Store Location Settings, whereas on Android you can download the APK file through sideloading.
Sideloading is the process of downloading apps from any random website and these apps are not approved by Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- To access TikTok India in your area, wipe your phone and use a VPN.
Consider changing the Apple ID/Country Region – It is one of the most convenient ways to access TikTok. But it also has disadvantages:
- You wouldn’t be allowed to download India-only apps as changing the Apple ID or the region will restrict you from doing so. If you are okay with it then go with this method. Although it can be time-consuming but this method tends to be effective in most of the cases.
Here are the following steps:
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID
- Go to the section on media and purchases
- Look into your account
- Pick the country/region you prefer and follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure you pick the country nearby to you otherwise, you would face difficulties with the slow functioning of the app.
- Sometimes you may even be asked for an address, and phone number before you can proceed with downloading the app.
How to use Tiktok in India without VPN?
Installing the APK file via Sideloading
Smartphones’ ability to download non-market apps is called sideloading. The word non-market simply means that the apps are not verified by Google & Apple and users must download it via the app developers’ websites.
Sideloading could be risky, but it is possible. APK downloads via sideloading have been beneficial for Android users who intend to install non-market apps since any app has an APK extension (ANROID PACKAGE KIT), which contains the installer and the app.
Downloading an APK is a simple process but should be downloaded from a reputable source otherwise it can threaten the users’ information and even hidden malware can damage the system.
Note: In Apple Devices you can download apps outside of App Store via Jail Break but it is not recommended due to security reasons.
Steps to download Tiktok apk file
- Start with searching the TikTok APK on the phone’s browser and downloading it directly from a reputable source.
- It might happen that the TikTok app doesn’t get updated, so make sure you download the latest APK file online.
- Additional settings are to be made by tapping on the security option that allows third-party apps.
Here are the following steps to make additional settings:
- Go to Settings.
- In step two, select Apps & Notifications.
- Expand the Advanced option by tapping on it
- Choose Special App Access.
- Install unknown applications
- Tap the originating app, such as Chrome
- Switch on sideloading by tapping the button next to Allow From This Source.
How to use Tiktok in India with VPN?
Downloading Tiktok through VPN
VPN, which is also known as a Virtual Private Network is a technology that changes the IP address of our device. It is important to remember that using a VPN does not guarantee full privacy as the VPN provider may have access to our data that is transmitted through the network.
The IP address is provided by the internet service provider (ISP) which once changed for a device can change the location of the device virtually. VPN is primarily used because it helps cross geographical limitations where the app is not banned and encrypts the user data providing safe user space.
With a VPN, you can change your location to a country such as the USA or France where Tik Tok is not banned. The Top 3 VPNs in 2023 are:
VPN which you can use to access Tiktok in India:
Express VPN has some of the best features. So if you are thinking of purchasing any VPN to access Tiktok use Express VPN.
- An exceptionally fast, private, and secure VPN with no logs. 24/7 live chat support. Recommended for all internet activity.
- The top-performing VPN service worldwide
- Try it for 30 days risk-free
- Compatible with all devices and platforms
- Firestick, Smart DNS, and router support
- Chrome, Firefox, and Edge extensions
- Unrestricted torrenting and global web access
- 3,000 fast no-log servers in 94 countries
- No Linux interface
Private Access Internet VPN
If you are thinking of any other VPN then choose Private Access Internet.
- The largest server park and a private, no-log VPN.
- Secure and quick torrenting
- Dependable security measures
- Extremely quick short-distance speeds
- 24/7 live chat help for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera add-ons
- The Firestick app and Smart DNS need improvement.
Another good choice is CyberGhost.
- A solid VPN with high-speed
- Helpful 24/7 live support.
- Secure servers in 91 countries
- Good range of security settings
- Chrome and Firefox extensions
- Dedicated IP addresses are available
- Basic browser extensions.
What replaced Tiktok in India?
After the ban of TikTok, many social media companies like Instagram, Youtube, and Snapchat have introduced their own short video platform.
Why is TikTok blocked in India?
Due to privacy and security reasons, Chinese app like TikTok has been blocked in India.
Is Tiktok ban permanent in India?
There is no report that suggests the Tiktok ban is permanent. Some reports say that Tiktok will be coming back to India.
Will Tiktok come back to India?
According to sources, there is a report that Tiktok is planning to come back to India by the end of 2023. The TikTok head is working with the government to make the process hassle-free.
Which app is best after Tiktok?
Many apps like Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, Moj, and Josh are the best short video app after TikTok.